By Joe Perez
A rebel is only as good as his cause. If you choose the path of the rebel, make service to all sentient beings your cause. From this wide stance which is completely un-alienating because it affirms the entirety of your Being, a more specific focus for rebellion may be seeded. It is by aligning our unique sense of cause or purpose with the good of all people and ultimate all beings that we avoid a painful mistake: allowing our rebellion to set one part of the Self against another part of the Self, a stance which is ultimately Self-defeating. Violence and burnout and consuming anger are signs that one is rebelling against, and not for. To rebel for is to ring a bell of Awakeness for all beings.
Welcome to Gay Spirituality!Welcome to the 'Net's #1-ranked resource for Gay Spirituality. We envision a world where same-sex love is recognized as a face of Spirit, intrinsic to human nature, and a path to liberation. This website is now in development. Visit our Facebook page for frequent updates.
About Joe PerezJoe Perez is the author of two books which explore the spiritual significance of same-sex love as well as founder of GaySpirituality.com [more...]
Top Posts & Pages
- Wanted: Board Members and Founding Members for New Organization to Promote Gay Spirituality & Liberation Worldwide
- About Gay Spirituality
- Let's talk about frottage
- Have I changed my opinion about Louise Hay offering victims of AIDS a hairshirt?
- Finding God through Sex
- Gay Love is God's Love must be the gay liberation movement's next great mantra
- The Archer
- Top 10 Signs Your Gay Spirituality Might Be Integral
- Don't reject absolute claims to the truth about Jesus with yet another absolute claim to the truth about Jesus.